Create and Craft, the award winning multi – channel craft retailer, are honoured to announce their partnership with the mental health charity Mind.
As part of this partnership, Create and Craft will be working closely with Mind to support their Crafternoon campaign. Crafternoon is the biggest, craftiest mental health fundraiser in England and Wales, where Mind asks supporters to organise their own Crafternoon at work, school or at home by inviting everyone they know to enjoy a fun craft-themed event whilst raising money for Mind.
This December 1st will be Mind’s Official Crafternoon Day, and Create and Craft will support this with an official on-air Crafternoon on the channel itself. Create and Craft’s backing of this campaign will continue with the sponsorship of Mind’s Crafternoon fundraising kits as well as through ongoing campaign work for the charity to support the growth and awareness of Crafternoon throughout 2019.
Karen Bolton, Head of Community and Events Fundraising at Mind, said:“We’re thrilled to announce our partnership with Create and Craft. Having the support of a company that recognises how crafting supports the wellbeing of their customers, and is committed to sharing their passion for craft with the nation, is the perfect fit for Crafternoon.
“Crafternoon is a great way for people to spend time together away from the hustle and bustle of Christmas, while doing something creative and ticking a few things off your festive to-do list. 95% of people who’ve taken part in Crafternoon would recommend it to a friend, and with the support of Create and Craft we’re excited to see more and more people finding out for themselves how fun and fulfilling hosting a Crafternoon for Mind can be.
“What’s more, every penny raised will make a huge difference to the 1 in 4 of us who experience mental health problems. Just £50 could answer six calls to the Mind Infoline which provides vital support when it is needed most. With the support of Create and Craft, we’re looking forward to seeing Crafternoon grow, and more importantly helping Mind to ensure that no one has to face a mental health problem alone.”
Laura Powell, Create and Craft’s Marketing Manager commented on this exciting new partnership; “Here at Create and Craft we couldn’t be more excited to be joining up with Mind to support the charity and their Crafternoon initiative. Having already worked collaboratively in the past, the charity has always held a special place in our hearts for us here, with a shared belief that creative hobbies has the potential to have a positive impact on people’s mental health.
“With some of our own campaigns running alongside our support of Crafternoon, such as our mission to ‘Get the Nation Crafting’, inviting more and more new people into the world of craft, we can see that our partnership with Mind and support of the Crafternoon campaign is set to continue to grow over the course of 2019 and beyond”.
Notes to Editors –
About Create and Craft:
Create and Craft, part of the Ideal Shopping Direct Group, is an award winning multi – channel craft retailer. Create and Craft broadcasts live on TV and online in the UK and US to over 70 million homes. It offers paper craft, jewelry, sewing, cake decorating and knitting products. Create and Craft is part of Ideal Shopping Direct Limited, one of the UK’s leading multi-channel home shopping retailers with a growing team of 700 based in Peterborough, UK. Ideal Shopping Direct is the most prolific broadcaster of live television in the UK and the No1 direct retailer in craft in the UK. Create and Craft and its associated brands won in nine categories at the 2017 International Craft Awards including; Best TV Shopping Channel For Crafts, Best Craft Website, Best Craft Blog, Best for Quality and Best for Customer Service.
• UK customers access Create and Craft via Freeview channel 23, Sky channel 683, Freesat 813, Virgin 748, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Android or Apple apps and via www.createandcraft.com
• Crafternoon, in aid of Mind, is the biggest, craftiest mental health fundraiser in England and Wales
• Organise a Crafternoon at work, school or at home by inviting everyone you know, to enjoy a fun craft-themed event and raise lots of cash for Mind
• Sign up at www.mind.org.uk/crafternoon, receive your Crafternoon kit and make someone’s Christmas by helping Mind make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone
• We’re Mind, the mental health charity. We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health problem gets both support and respect. www.mind.org.uk
• Please note that Mind is not an acronym and should be set in title case.
• Mind has a confidential information and support line, Mind Infoline, available on 0300 123 3393 (lines open 9am – 6pm, Monday – Friday)
• Contact Mind’s Media Team for interviews or further information on 0208 522 1743. For out of hours support, call 07850 788 514 or email [email protected]
• To access to a range of free images to accompany mental health news stories, visit: www.time-to-change.org.uk/getthepicture. These images have been developed by Time to Change, the campaign to change how we all think and act about mental health problems. Time to Change is led by the charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness, and funded by the Department of Health, Comic Relief and the Big Lottery Fund.