We sat down with Hayley Evans, to get the behind the scenes gossip from her audition to be a Create and Craft presenter on ITV’s The Big Audition…
- Did you know about Create and Craft before you applied for The Big Audition?
No I didn’t. When they called me about this job, I couldn’t believe they found something so perfect for me!
- How did you find the whole audition process?
Nerve wracking, I think because I wanted the job so much! I was a bit of sweaty mess by the time it came to go in. But more than all that it was sooo much fun, I was in my element!
- Which of the task did you find the most difficult?
The most difficult and nerve wracking bit was the mystery craft box and polysterene ball. When the ribbon ran out, I was panicking… I don’t know if you could tell!?
- What do you think made you stand out from the rest of the 8 competitors?
No idea, when I met the other people auditioning, I was convinced I had no chance! I can’t wait to get together and learn from them in the future, they are so talented! Maybe they could tell how excited I get by crafting!!
- How did you react when you found out you had won?
Again, they left me hanging for what felt like hours!! I was a big, red, sweaty, nervous, over excited mess. Just SOOOOOO HAPPY!
- Which part of joining the Create and Craft team excites you the most?
Learning! I love learning new things. I love meeting new people. And I just love making things…it’s the perfect job!
- What would you like to say to all the Create and Craft viewers?
Hi! Thanks for having me, I can’t wait to get started properly. We are going to have lots of fun making cool stuff!!